Welcome to a little snapshot into the Weaver's World!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Late June, 2010

The end of June has come and gone and as I post, it is already July 2nd. It is true that the older you get, the faster time goes by. June was a busy month. The kids and I spent much of June in the gym. I have been working with a trainer for about 8 weeks and she is really helping me get in shape, learn how and what to eat and lose a few pounds. I have been trying to get to the gym every day, Monday through Friday, but as I type, this week is my first week of going every day! I never imagined a few months ago, how busy our Summer would actually be! But, as of today, I have lost around 8 pounds and have lost a few inches all around. It feels good to be healthier and to be able to keep up with the kids!


The biggest highlight of late June was a visit from my best friend of 20 years (yikes, did I really say that?) Kelley MacLeod. Kelley was brave enough to drive down from Michigan with her 3 boys to spend almost a week at the Weaver house. Although we had quite tight quarters, we all had a great time. Lots of girl talk, hanging out and chit chat. Even though we don't get to see each other often, it is nice to know that when we do, everything falls into place and it feels just like the last time we were all together. We were all lucky that Kelley's husband, Rob, was also in town on business too, so we were all able to hang out together. We swam a bit, played putt putt, watched movies, played the Wii, played outside and just hung out. I am very thankful that Kelley had the idea to come visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment